Bečov was founded by the magnates of Czech princes from the noble family of Hrabišice at the beginning of the 13th century.
1214 - a document from the 15th century (a fake?) mentions the customs station in Bečov
1314 - the first record of the castle of Bečov which was founded by the Boreš family of Rýzmburk (Osek)
1349 - brothers Slavko and Boreš of Rýzmburk were mentioned as the owners of Bečov
1354 - Charles IV granted the right to mine gold and silver in the region of Bečov, Krásno, Horní Slavkov, Čistá and Prameny for the period of twelve years to the brothers Slavko and Boreš of Rýzmburk.
1357 - the Rýzmburks appointed parish priests for Bečov, Prameny and Horní Slavkov
1387 - December 22nd, the first record of the town (community) of Bečov
1399 - the lords of Rýzmburk (the Hrabišice family) granted Bečov the rights of a town
1400 - May 14th, the Visitation Chapel was consecrated in the castle of Bečov
1407-1411 - Bečov was owned by the Hasenburgs
1411-1495 - the lords of Plavno were the owners of Bečov
1430 - Bečov was besieged by the Hussite captain Jakoubek of Vřesovice
1481 - the first record of the brewery in Bečov
1482 - the king Vladislav II confirmed and increased the number of rights which had been given to Bečov and granted it a coat-of-arms (September 19th, 1482).
1495-1547 - the estate of Bečov was owned by the Pluhs of Rabštejn who improved pewter mining in the Slavkovský Mountains considerably.
1547-1752 - after the lost Šmalkald War, the estate of Bečov was confiscated from the Pluhs and the king pledged it gradually to the lords of Plavno, the Šliks, the towns of Bečov and Horní Slavkov and to the Questenberks.
1547 - the owner of Bečov, Kaspar Pluh of Rabštejn, led the Uprising of the Estates against the king Ferdinand I. He gathered his armies in the neighbourhood of Bečov. The uprising was suppressed and Pluh had to flee to Saxony
1582 - a big flood on the Teplá River, 12 people drowned in Bečov, 11 houses collapsed
1585 - Kašpar Pluh was buried in Bečov
1621 - February 2nd, a big fire in the town
1632 - a plague epidemic raged in the region of Bečov
1648 - the castle of Bečov was captured by the Swedish army of the general Königsmark
1661 - the first provisional town hall was completed
1662 - the first record of the Jewish cemetery in Bečov
1671 - a new town hall was built
1679 - a plague epidemic
1680 - the Marian Column was built., the donor was the count J.A. Questenberk
1684 - the Collegium musicum association was established in Bečov
1688 - a synagogue in the Jewish part of Bečov was built
1738 - the parish priest P.L. Schusser founded "the Musical Brotherhood" consisting of 600 members in Bečov
1750-1753 - a new Baroque church was built
1752 - Bečov became a hereditary estate of the noble family of Kounic (from 1752 to 1813)
1760 - July 18th, a great fire in the town, 130 houses, the church and the rectory burnt down.
1763-1767 - the new St.George Church was built from the plans of Franz Pöpperle. The church was built without a tower. A new rectory was built at the same time
1767 - the synagogue was renovated after the fire, it used to stand next to the house No. 39
1785 - milliner's trade flourished in Bečov
1806 - Karl Veit from Skoky near Žlutice, a teacher of music and a co-creater of the famous musical tradition of Bečov, came to the town
1813 - the Belgian duke Friedrich Beaufort-Spontini bought the estate of Bečov from the count Alois Kounic
1821 - a big flood
1822 - the construction of "the Pilsen Road" in the direction of Toužim was started
1821-1831 - a road leading through the valley to Karlovy Vary and Mariánské Lázně was built
1834 - the St. George Church was renovated
1837 - a post office was established in Bečov
1844-1846 - F.A. Heber, a famous Czech topographer visited Bečov and painted it. He printed his pictures in his book "Czech Castles, Strongholds and Chateaus" (1843/1849)
1850 - Bečov became the seat of the district court (up to 1949)
1851 - the building of the district court was completed
1854 - a police station was established
1857 - the building of a new road from Karlovy Vary to Mariánské Lázně
1870 - a flood
1872-1874 - duke Beaufort-Spontini bought all the houses to the north under the castle, had them pulled down and founded a park and a beautiful rockery with 1,800 species of plants on their site
1873 - construction of a new road to Nová Ves and Prameny
1879 - a new school was built
1885 - a new church tower was built from the plans of Johann Schobert
1887 - March 16th, the music school was opened. It was designed as a conservatory.
1889 - the district health insurance company was established
1890 - from 24th to 25th November, a big flood. A new road to Teplá was built
1891- the Marian column was renovated
1892 - the population of Bečov - 2,205; 320 houses, 12 associations
1893 - a new cemetery was established while the old one near the church was abolished.
1893 -the town hall was renovated
on November 10th the railway line Rakovník-Bečov was set into operation
on December 17th the railway line K. Vary-Mariánské Lázně was set into operation, a new railway station was opened in Bečov
1899 - Bečov celebrated the 500th anniversary of the granting of the rights of a town. On this occasion a memorial book was issued. A council school was opened
1901 - the connection of Bečov and places situated in the direction of Loket and Sokolov was improved by means of the railway line leading from Krásný Jez through Horní Slavkov to Loket
1903 - a power station was established in the former mill
1904 - November 23rd, a fire in the synagogue
1914-1918 - 74 men from Bečov died on the battlefields of World War I
1920 - a state council school was opened
1930 - the Jewish synagogue was pulled down (some records mention the year 1938)
1932 - a memorial to the victims of World War I was unveiled
1934 - Josef Rieber, a freeman of Bečov, a theologian and a priest, died
1936 - the population of Bečov was 2,384 (168 of them were Czech), 433 houses
1937 - production of electric power in the local power station was not profitable, electric power was therefore taken to Bečov from Rychnov near Sokolov
1938 - October 4th, a unit of the Wehrmacht came gloriously to Bečov, the Czech borderland was annexed to Adolf Hitler's Third Reich
1939-1945 - 75 men from Bečov died in World War II
1945 - the almost 150-year-long ownership of Bečov by the family of the duke Beaufort-Spontini finished, the last owner of the estate of Bečov, Heinrich Beaufort-Spontini, had to leave the Czechoslovak Republic
1945-1947 - Germans from Bečov and its neighbourhood were evacuated to American and Soviet military zones
1948 - only a very small number of Czech people came to re-settle the Bečov region. There was only little industry there and the agricultural villages in the neighbourhood were not attractive for them. Houses and sights decayed. Parts of the region were completely without people.
1951 - Bečov and its neighbourhood was settled by a number of families of miners who found jobs in uranium mines near Horní Slavkov. In the course of time most families, however, moved away. After the Germans had left, numerous deserted houses decayed and were pulled down. 106 houses and 11 barns were pulled down up to 1956.
1980 - the population of Bečov including integrated villages was 1,343
1984 - Bečov was the seat of the following firms: Elektro (electromaterial and plastic toys), Blex (kitchen utensils), West Bohemian Wood Works (wood-cutting and wood-working industry), State Fishery Mariánské Lázně (trout hatchery)
1995 - Criminologists from Prague discovered the Romanesque St. Maurus reliquary after a long search under the floor of the chapel of the castle on November 5th. The rare sight, which had been lost for the previous 40 years, was taken to Prague to be renovated there
1991 - from June 29th to June 30th, the present Czech and former German inhabitants of the town met in Bečov for the first time from 1945.
1996 - July 15th, the castle of Bečov was opened to the public after many years of building and renovation work. There is an exhibition called "Gothic Art in West Bohemia" in the interior of the castle now. The Pilsner Ancient Monument Department was the sponsor of the renovation.