Navigation

Select language

  • Česky
  • English
  • Deutsch

Content

The Town Hall

The Baroque building dating from the time after the fire of 1760 stands on the site of an older town hall. It is an impressive building with numerous classicist elements. It was built from the plans of Josef Moik and Norbert Heydl. The town hall was renovated in 1898 and got its present appearance. A  stone fountain (the mid-19th century) with a gargoyle in the shape of a lion's head stands in the direction of the street.
A large but architecturally austere building adjacent to the town hall used to be the seat of all offices of Bečov (the district executive law, court, tax inspectorate, trades office, etc.). The building is an example of a funtional state building typical of the 19th century.