Navigation

Select language

  • Česky
  • English
  • Deutsch

Content

Chodov (714 m)
The little town arose in the neighbourhood of the "Gängerhof" farmhouse dating from the 16th century. The farmhouse was named after Hans Georg Gänger, the captain of the Bečov castle. He got it in lief from the king Maxmilian II in 1567. Karl Haberzettl, an important musician of the spa orchestra in Mariánské Lázně, was born in Chodov at the close of the 19th century. A curiosity of the town is an old beech whose age is estimated at 200 years.