Navigation

Select language

  • Česky
  • English
  • Deutsch

Content

Nová Ves (739 m)
The former town was founded in the neighbourhood of silver, iron ore and pewter mines in the 15th century. Only a part of the former built-up area has been preserved. There was a number of half-timbered houses in the village. Many excellent musicians were born in Nová Ves. They mostly played in various spa orchestras. Local hop traders were famous as well. The only local sight is the Baroque Trinity Church dating back to 1737. In about 1955 the interior of the church was destroyed and a house of culture was established there.
Nová Ves is situated 231 m above the level of the Teplá River in Bečov.