Navigation

Select language

  • Česky
  • English
  • Deutsch

Content

The execution place
It is situated on the top of the wooded Gallows Hill (Šibeniční vrch, 629 m) to the southeast of Bečov. The hill is easily accessible through the street leading from Bečov to Chodov. The ruin of the stone building has got a circular ground plan 4.8 m in diameter. Bečov was granted the capital right in as early as 1399. Executions and torture were carried out by an executioner from Jáchymov. The gallows was pulled down in 1765.
The Komtesa recreation cottage is near the Gallows Hill. It was originally the villa of young countess Eleonora of Beaufort.