Navigation

Select language

  • Česky
  • English
  • Deutsch

Content

Vitriolka
"Vitriolka" can be found in the woods to the northeast of Chodov. In the 18th century there was a sheep's yard there, which belonged to Chodov. After the sheep's court had been abolished, Anton Liewald from Pernink started the production of sulphuric acid there(lye, vitriol). It was at the beginning of the 19th century. Sulphorpyrites was brought from as far as Manětín which made the production fairly expensive. Even today the soil in the neighbourhood of Vitriolka is coloured red by sulphopyrites and pieces of broken earthenware bottles which used to be filled with sulphur acid. When the production of sulphuric acid had been stopped, a pub was established in the building and the place was very popular with trippers. There was a gamekeeper's house in the building in the 80s of the last century and the pub remained there till about 1900. In May 1920 Vitriolka was hit by lightning and burnt down but it was renovated. After 1945 it has retained its function as a gamekeeper's house. The Bečovský Brook rises near Vitriolka.